Thursday, July 2, 2015

Creamy Tomato Soup

One rainy day I wanted tomato soup but I didn't want the yucky stuff from a can.  So I went searching for a recipe with the ingredients that I had on hand.  I came across this one from Taste of Home.  It was simple, easy and delicious.  This is a good recipe to double and try to do one of my favorite things: cook once, eat twice.  This soup freezes very well and is easily warmed back up in the microwave.

Ingredients:

  •  1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
  •  1 cup heavy whipping cream, half and half or milk
  •  1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
  •  1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  •  1/4 teaspoon salt
  •  1/8 teaspoon pepper

  • Directions:
  • In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with croutons, cheese, tomatoes and/or onions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Macaroni and Cheese

Mac and Cheese is a great side dish to add to any type of meal.  There are many variations but this one is quick and easy and also has ingre...